Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a week!

I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger (is that redneck enough for you?) Seriously, it's been one thing after another BUT I've been able to finish a few projects. I can't post them yet because they are gifts for my niece(s). The oldest (Shanley) just graduated high school this week and she's heading off to college! We're having her party on Saturday in Harvest, Alabama to celebrate. Her sister (Delaney) is not too far behind. The fact that they aren't little girls anymore makes me want to cry, but I'm thrilled for them at the same time.

The fun part is that Shanley is moving into her own apartment with one of her besties and we get to help decorate it - woohoo! Girls day out at Ikea with a Swedish meatball lunch..sign me up.


Here's a peek:

I don't usually hand paint on my projects but I thought a little touch would be cute here. Plus, this was easy and I figured I couldn't mess it up.


Happy Thursday ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my jewelry hanger over at Craftaholics Anonymous! And I loved all of your other ideas! I bought a couple more racks, so I think I will try one out with pics in the back! THANK!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! Glad to see someone's getting some done! hehe ;o) I know what you mean about kids growing up fast. It's hard for me to believe my sweet little niece just turned 25, not to mention my own first born "baby" will be 21 in a few short months! Almost can't handle that one!

    Can't wait to see the rest of the project. Oh, and I just love that "one-armed paper hanger" - cracks me up!

    Have a great weekend!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...