Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cats, Birds & Goodwill...these are a few of my favorite things!

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend so far.  While I have not posted anything since Monday, I've been one busy bee!

Here is a peek into my week:


I made a Yoplait Smoothie for us (they are delicious & low WW points).  Brian had 2 piggies in his face the whole time he was trying to enjoy his...they wanted in on it too...

Bob & Gary cleaning up! 
(They are named after SpongeBob & his pet snail, Gary...a couple of goofy cats that are great entertainment.)

This is a little maple tree we planted last year and it's growing fast.  I love it and so do the mockingbirds. A couple nested in this very young tree and built a pretty shoddy nest.  We have found the baby in the mulch 3 times this week.  It didn't have any feathers and was tiny...totally pitiful.  (Brian picked it up twice and I did once to put it back...it's a myth that birds won't take care of their young if you touch them, btw.)  Apparently, the nest kept tipping over, so we got a wisteria branch, some twine and shored it up.  While we were doing this the mom & dad were going nuts..swooping us & tweeting their heads off.  As soon as we walked away they flew in to check on their baby.  It must've worked.  All is well now..no baby on the ground this morning!

I went by the Goodwill that just opened in town and found some pretty cool stuff.... 

My sweet cousin gave me a set of candles that smell like fresh cut flowers..just gorgeous!  I found this pedestal dish that suits one of them perfectly.  Thank you, Teresa - love you girl!

I don't know where I'm going to put this.  It may end up in someone's stocking this Christmas.  I do know that it's made in Italy, it's lovely and it was only $13, so I wasn't leaving without it.


I collect old tins & an old cast iron lid from Belgium was a shoo in.  You never know at Goodwill...I could go back and find the bottom to this.  The lid is deeper than what is showing in the pictures, so I might make another birdbath with it for the backyard.


Well, I'm still working on the wardrobe for my mom (that went with my dresser that I just finished) and we're picking up the beadboard & crown molding today for the pink room.  Andy comes back this Sunday from his mom's & it's going to be SUPER busy at work over the next few weeks. Life is good and I can't complain.

Now, I'm going to have a late breakfast with Brian and we might watch a movie..it's fun laying around when you get the chance.  Have a restful & fun weekend, ladies!!



1 comment:

  1. You ARE busy!! What are you planning to do with the wardrobe for Mom? I love the bird's nest in your maple tree-sometimes they need our help whether they want it or not. Post pictures of what you wind up doing with the pot lid, the color is great!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...