Friday, July 2, 2010

Need a lift?


Thank goodness it's Friday and hopefully it's a 3 day weekend for everyone!  

You know, there are so many blogs with so many awesome & creative ideas and I appreciate all of them.  But I think there is more to all of this than us just making our homes cute.  I personally like feeling like I have a ton of girlfriends out there in blogland cheering me on..I love reading about how other women not only survived but THRIVED through adversity.. like Donna at Funky Junk Interiors.  (If you haven't read her blog yet or lately, then you should..especially if you are hurting or need a little hope & encouragement.)  I also enjoy reading everyone's comments of encouragement on my site and others.  Isn't it awesome?

For me, like most people in the world, I've had some great times and some really, really bad times.  Enough so, that I recognize the good times and I drink them in..they don't go unnoticed with me.  I love my God and I know that He has my name (yours too) inscribed on the palm of His hand (Isaiah 49:16).

I hope you all have a safe & fun July 4th.  Enjoy your independence, love our country and drink in your good times! 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    Last night, I just caught up with Donna's (Funky Junk) posts and read her series on how funky Junk came to be. It made me feel so much better to know that whole "I'm not the only one...." kinda of feeling. She is one one my favorite bloggers!

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, Jennifer. Donna's story is amazing and she just keeps going with faith and a sense of humor. Your post was well spoken...

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...