Wednesday, September 8, 2010

For the Love of Ephemera

My favorite antique dealer in town had another awesome yard sale a few weekends ago.  I found quite a stash of vintage postcards..most of them were from the early 1900s.

In a world full of text messages, email, blackberry, facebook and anything else you can think of..it seems communicating with postcards and letters is slowly fading away (actually not so slowly).  The notes on the backs of these are so interesting.  I read about a break-up, gossip about an aunt, a love letter, a trip, just saying hi..some of the addresses were just a name & city with a stamp on it.  I assume at one point that was all you needed to send a letter or postcard.  Here are a few of them

There are Easter ones....



Christmas & New Year's...


And my favorite...Dutch children...



I just love these.  They are so charming and fun.  

I'm thinking of putting some of them under glass on an end table.   They are so cool & I will definitely cherish them.


1 comment:

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...