Sunday, October 3, 2010

Repurposing shelf brackets


I picked up these two brackets at a garage sale a while back..I think I spent $1 for the pair. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them, but I really liked the shape.


Here they are before:

They were pretty but a little busted up...my favorite!


After:

I saw quite a few architectural pieces at Scott's Antique Market, so I went in that direction.  I screwed the two brackets together, painted & distressed them.  They're a little wonky but that seems to be what I gravitate towards.


I'm slowly but surely getting the bookcase in order & will change things around several times a week (or day).  Right now we're cutting the veneer into 3.5" strips and covering the desktop.  It's a total pain but I think it'll be worth it.


Tonight we're meeting with a Bible study group from church and looking forward to meeting new friends.  We're also going to take a big step this next week..I hesitate to say more until it's done. But we're so EXCITED about it and I'm just saying my prayers, crossing my fingers & toes it all goes smoothly!!

I love Sundays & I hope you all are enjoying yours!!

I'm linking to Metamorphosis Monday at BNOTP - pop over & see what everyone has been up to!

TTFN,

3 comments:

  1. Oh, great idea! They look great!

    I think I've got some brackets in the garage.

    Good luck with whatever it us y'all are up to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice blog you have and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just found brackets like this in a closet-guess what I'm going to do!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...