Friday, December 17, 2010

Curtains & more Christmas...

I finished curtains for the little boy's room.  I was going to remove the closet doors and use them there, but I changed my mind.  I like them on this window and more importantly, Andy likes them!


I like curtains to go from ceiling to floor because it draws your eye up & seems more dramatic.  I wanted to keep his room bright, so I used white denim & ticking.  I did have his artwork under this window but had to move it. (Those are Christmas lights wrapping around the lamp.)


I trimmed out the ticking with a grosgrain ribbon. I have to be careful not to go too froo-froo in his room.  I checked with Brian and he said it reminded him of barber shop stripes - that works!

I made a simple valance for the other window and put Darth up on the lockers with blue LED lights. 

Nana (my mom) gave Andy his own Christmas tree years ago.  This year she added a Nativity set.  It surprised me how much it meant to him.  He was really excited about it.  I think some of what we're instilling in him is sinking in - yay!!!!

Andy is getting a couple of presents for Christmas that will really help streamline his room & set it up to take him through his preteens, hopefully.  We'll see..he might come home one day and want to paint it all black...which will totally freak me out.  Don't borrow trouble, right?

I have to clean, shop, wrap, etc...have a good day!

TTFN, 

2 comments:

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...