Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Windows + A Book = Just What I Wanted

I've been yammering on for a LONG time about remodeling my den.  It's a pretty big project because it needs everything ..big bookcase desperately needed updating (almost finished), paint (almost finished), new floors (haven't EVEN started), furniture that I like (almost finished) and art (DONE)!

My sweet mother gave me this a few years ago.

The Birds of America by John James Audubon. I have picked this book apart using the beautiful pictures in so many projects.  

And here's the latest:

 I think framing bird study pictures in these old windows does their beauty justice.

A few close-ups:

For you owl lovers.


I loooove the details of the windows & all the gorgeous birds.

An old book and old windows..seriously, decorating doesn't have to cost alot of money!

I had fun putting it together AND it means something to me.  Little birds always remind me of my mom because she enjoys them so much, so I think this is a perfect ode to Mom!!

I'm finishing the walls today (second time painting it because I didn't like the color the first go round).  Now, I'm painting it Ashley Gray by Benjamin Moore and LOVE IT!

The lighting is tricky in this room and this color is the perfect warm neutral.


Also, you can still enter my giveaway here! I'm announcing the winner tomorrow - super excited about it!

I link to these parties:
The DIY Showoff , Between Naps On The Porch, Making The World Cuter, DIY Home Sweet Home Project, Domestically Speaking, TipJunkie, Saturday Mornings, A Diamond In The Stuff, Faded Charm Cottage, Primitive & Proper, Blue Cricket Design, Type A Decorating, The Shabby Chic Cottage, House Of Hepworths, Beyond The Picket Fence, Chic On A Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Tatertots & Jello, Stuff and Nonsense, Remodelaholic, Funky Junk Interiors and Under The Table And Dreaming all the links are here.

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it. You always surprise me with how quickly you envision a project then put it together. I absolutely love the birds and window frames and can't wait to see new painted walls in family room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most beautiful art pieces I have seen! Great job and I love the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the window frames. I have an old one that I think I want to do this too. And bird things so in right now.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful! I like the paint color, too.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a comment? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...